- Apr 16 2022
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
NIC Students Day of Service – NIPA/HREI
The Human Rights Education Institute can be available as a location for the NIC Day of Service on Saturday, April 16th from 10 AM – 1 PM. If it’s okay, we will need to arrange for 3 hours instead of 4 as there will be another event at HREI in mid-afternoon.
Work done that day will be for both North Idaho Pride Alliance and the Human Rights Education Institute. We can accommodate up to 9 students. I will personally be there to supervise and train (Jessica Mahuron) and an HREI volunteer leader will be there as well to at least start.
Tasks for North Idaho Pride Alliance:
*Students who can bring their own laptops and have intermediate computer skills can help with this.
1) Update online LGBTQ+ Resource Guide – Community Businesses. This is done via a cloud-based software called Airtable, changes are reflected on our website here: https://www.nipridealliance.com/businesses. Jessica will provide one-day Airtable access to the student. That student must have an email address to use. 1 student can help with this.
2) Help enter scheduled Pride Month events in online community calendars. Jessica will provide resources, content, and training for this. 1-2 students can help with this.
*Most locations will be within walking distance. 1 student should have transportation for some further locations.
3) Hang CDA4Pride 2022 flyers in downtown locations, 4th Street, and on the North Idaho College campus. This can be done either via bulletin boards or by asking downtown shop owners to place in their windows. Jessica will provide a list of locations and any special instructions. Flyers, tape, and pushpins will be provided. 2-3 students can help with this.
Tasks for the Human Rights Education Institute:
1) Help assemble craft packets for HREI student activities – 3 students can help with this.
2) Help hang flyers in downtown CDA locations advertising summer camps and any other HREI events – Will be done by the same students hanging CDA4Pride flyers.
3) Light cleaning tasks like dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning windows at HREI can be done if all tasks are completed within 3 hours.
Total of volunteers requested for tasks: 7-9
*Parking passes will be provided to all students