Exploring the Black Experience in Rotary
Hi JEanette Laster,
Thank you for registering for “Exploring the Black Experience in Rotary”.
Race can be a complicated and intimidating issue for a lot of us. Some of us are avoiding the conversation because we feel ill-equipped to have it. For others, it feels too painful to talk about. Still, others are thinking it is not their issue to address.
We recommend exploring these resources prior to the webinar:
• Use this worksheet to explore your intersecting social identities: https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/inclusive-teaching/wp-content/uploads/sites/732/2020/07/Social-Identity-WheelDefinitions.pdf
• This website can help you understand yourself, your race, and the experiences of others in a more nuanced, interactive way: https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/audiences/committed-equity
• Learn how to hold space for transformation—and lean into conversations about race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF–2vGj7Tg
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com
Date Time: Feb 25, 2021 03:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Click Here to Join
Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar Add to Yahoo Calendar Description: “My humanity is bound up with yours, for we can only be human together.” (Archbishop Desmond Tutu). Humans are composed of unique and intersecting sets of social identities, defined by our physical, social, and mental characteristics. Examples include race/ethnicity, gender, social class/socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, disabilities, and religion/religious beliefs. By considering each other’s lives, experiences, and perspectives, we allow a community to be not only about what we have in common but what makes us different.
Through hearing stories of Black Rotarians around the world, we will:
– Open ourselves to talking about race and identity.
– Become aware and acknowledge how our own social identities impact the club and community experience.
– Allow space for all Rotarians to bring their full, most authentic selves to our organization.
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,95335438612# or +12532158782,,95335438612#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
Webinar ID: 953 3543 8612
International numbers available: https://rotary-org.zoom.us/u/aVsOScmZl