These posters depict art and text created by Coeur d’Alene youth. Inspiration for the children’s art springs directly from their interpretation of the United Nation’s Declaration of Rights of the Child. School Indigo, Hayden Meadows, Anchor House, Art on the Edge and Project Safe Place children participated in the original exhibit, which opened during Child Abuse Awareness Month in April of 2007 at the Human Rights education Institute. Contributing child artists range from three to thirteen years of age for the images displayed in this exhibit. Older teens produced a second multimedia series.
The Seven Deadly Social Sins, explained by Arun Gandi of Mohandes Gandi
Ghandi’s Social Sins (title piece) by Donna Bain
1. Knowledge without Character by Austin Stiegemeier
2. Science without Humanity by Marci Wing (6th/7th Grade classroom at Canfield Middle School 2011)
3. Wealth without Work by Harold Balazs (no longer displayed)
4. Pleasure without Conscience by Mary Dee Dodge
5. Commerce without Morality by Allen Dodge
6. Worship without Sacrifice by Joan Smith
7. Politics without Principle by Barb Mueller
8. Rights without Responsibility by Rhea Giffin
Our events page has our latest events for
the public to join. Our events are usually
free or low cost to all that attend.