In this exhibit North Idaho College drawing and sculpting students each chose from the 30 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and were tasked with representing those articles through their art. Their work is an exhibition of Article 27: “Everyone has the right to freely in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts,” and Article 26: “Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the
strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.” Their art will be on display at HREI throughout this summer.
The Seven Deadly Social Sins, explained by Arun Gandi of Mohandes Gandi
Ghandi’s Social Sins (title piece) by Donna Bain
1. Knowledge without Character by Austin Stiegemeier
2. Science without Humanity by Marci Wing (6th/7th Grade classroom at Canfield Middle School 2011)
3. Wealth without Work by Harold Balazs (no longer displayed)
4. Pleasure without Conscience by Mary Dee Dodge
5. Commerce without Morality by Allen Dodge
6. Worship without Sacrifice by Joan Smith
7. Politics without Principle by Barb Mueller
8. Rights without Responsibility by Rhea Giffin
Our events page has our latest events for
the public to join. Our events are usually
free or low cost to all that attend.